Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tea Bag Burn Healer?


Saturday night I went to my aunts to make holiday decorations. We were using the hot glue gun and yes you guessed it I burnt myself. But this time was different, I burnt myself VERY badly. It was so bad that I got a huge bubble by the next day. I was told that I should somehow get rid of the bubble so it can deflate and then it would dry and heal. WRONG! I popped the bubble and by the next day I was in excruciating pain. I woke up in the middle of the night crying because I rolled on my finger! It was horrible.. My mom was reading up on the internet and heard that a green tea bag soaked in ice water was a good natural cure for burns. Lately I have been trying to heal everything naturally (at home). So obviously when I heard that a green tea bag could possibly help I decided to try it right away. I filled up a glass with cold water and added 2 ice cubes. I popped in the tea bag and let it sit for about 5 minutes. I took it out and placed it on my finger for about 30 minutes. Let me tell you, the coldness of the bag was sooo soothing and by the next day I noticed the swelling went down and it didn't look infected anymore! I recommend this home remedy for anyone with a minor small burn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment