Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Homemade Pasta

Today I made a batch of homemade pasta. With this recipe and a pasta machine you can make pretty much any pasta dish. Today I decided to make linguine. 



1) First step is to make your pasta. A piece this size serves four people. 

4 Cups of Flour
8 Eggs
1/4 Cup of Water

2) Mix flour and eggs together (For best results use an electric mixer)
add 1 egg at a time

3) Mix for 5 minutes or until all combined. If it is too sticky add extra flour. If it is too dry add the water

4) Remove from mixer and knead until you have a ball similar to the one below. DO NOT over knead.

5) Lightly coat dough in flour

6) Place ball of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.




Remove the ball of dough and cut into chunks. I cut this ball into about 6 chunks. Then start to put it through the pasta machine.


My pasta machine is called the "Pasta Queen." You can pick up one of these at any local cooking store. They even have an attachment for the Kitchen Aid mixer which is on my wish list! 

Start by putting the chunks in the smooth side starting at number 1 which is the largest opening, working your way down to number 6. I don't use number 7 because I find it makes the pasta too thin and It is much harder to work with.



Then put the pasta that you flattened in the rigid side so it comes out like this.

I hope I explained this well enough for everybody. I really enjoy making this fresh pasta because there is no sugar and I know every single ingredient in it. Plus it just tastes so much better! I hope everyone makes this, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment